Icelandics...

Joy,

Do an internet search on Icelandic *Horses* sometime.  They are
mistakenly called ponies, but everyone I've spoken to about them
correct me and have told me that they are indeed horses and not
ponies, and that the cold in Iceland prevent them from getting as
tall as other horses.  I have a video that my dad taped for me on
Icelandic Horses, and it showed grown men and kids alike riding them.
They don't always make the best kids horses, as they are
exceptionally strong, of both body and mind!  I have been doing a bit
of research on them, as my 2 1/2 y.o. daughter just loves them and
wants one desperately, but we'll have to see what kind of rider she
becomes first.  Anyway, just thought I'd pass along what I've found
out about them so far.

Kindest Regards,

Tracey Ritter
Portland, OR