Re: RC: FT guy's opinion:what KIND of TWH for endurance

In a message dated 10/21/2001 9:08:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tprevatt@mindspring.com writes:

Like everything it was produced for the show ring and then bred into the horses.

I used to board at a TWH barn and went to a lot of shows and even showed a Plantation horse or two.  The lady that owned the barn was named Helen Porter.  She was sort of the Trilby of TWH.  When she moved out I found one of her training devices that I still have to this day.  She had 2 cylinders of mercury/quicksilver that attached to each side of the bridle on the cheek piece and thought that it taught the horses to nod better.  I never saw that it worked or didn't work but it sure annoyed those horses.  She had a stallion named Midnight Sunshine and his sire was Midnight Sun.  Her other stallions were Uptown Goldstrike and Uptown Tawney.  She did have some really great pleasure type walkers though.  She had a roan mare named Rue's Blueberry who was one of the truest gaited horses I every saw.  Of course my mare's real registered name was Little Black Booger.  You know she came out of Tennessee....LOL.....We bred her to a Carbon Copy son and I wanted to name the baby Copy's Little Snot but got overruled......

mb