QUICKSILVER RESULTS

The 50 miler had 30 starters and 28 finishers.  The two pulls were metabolic.  Only one required fluids but he was stable after the ride.

The winning time was 5:48 so you know it was a tough ride.  Lots of hills but a beautiful trail.  There is one long downhill on a jeep road that is kind of hard and we would like to change that.  The park is over 81,000 acres with views of Monterey Bay and on a clear day you can see the Sierras.  Water is a problem late in the year and we had to truck almost all of it in ourselves.  The camp is a bit difficult to drive into the last 1/4mile or so with lots of scraping bumpers on trailers but Belsers got their huge motorhome in there although Gary made us promise to trim a tree branch or two next time.

50 miler results

LEISA BELSER/APRIL WINDSTAR
DENNIS VACA/ROYAL [BC]
RICK GOMEZ/MONTEREY
MICHALE BLACK/DAWIDS DUDE
PAT MCANDREWS/APOLLO [THIS HORSE IS 22]
NINA BOMAR/SPIDER
HUGH VANDERFORD/KINDER'S STORMY
ALEXANDRA NORTH/CV BUTTER BEA
CATHERINE POKORNY/HIGH CHAPARRAL
ROBERT RIBLEY/MURR THE BLUR [HIGH VET SCORE]
NICK WARHOL/NACHIE SUNSHINE [WARPAINT DESTROYED A WATER TROUGH ON THIS RIDE AND I AM SURE NICK WILL WRITE A STORY.]
DAWN PERRINE/TIKIS ONLY MIKE
HEATHER BERGANTZ/JS RAISA
JEREMY REYNOLDS/BARBANDO [MY HORSE]
KATIE ALTON ON JAKE [ALSO MY HORSE]    FIRST JUNIOR
JAN JEFFERS/DS MI MISTIK
MIKE MAUL/RROCO MY SOL
BECK HART/HIGH NOON
JULIE SUHR/CF WAR HYMN  [ THIS HORSE IS 21 YEARS OLD]
BARBARA WHITE/REBECCA
DOUG RAYNAUD/COMET
MARJORIE VULK/PRINCES LEIASADD
MARILYN ORLANDO/MTN. MIST MIRAGE