Icelandics

Sindy,

What you were guessing at would, in theory, put Icelandics in the
675-700 lb. range.  Every one I've seen has been in the 800-900 lb.
range... it's not that I run around measuring each one I see with a
weight measurement tape, but they *are* stocky, fuzzy equine tanks.
They carry adult men easily, and I imagine the right one would carry
270 as well.   Actually, from what I understand, they would carry men
in full suits of armor, but I could be confusing them with other
horses.  Anyone else have additional input/experience with this?

Kindest Regards,

Tracey Ritter
Portland, OR

Tracey Ritter, tracey_ritter@yahoo.com on 10/18/2001