2 questions

Hi,
I am interested in getting into the sport and had 2 questions to ask:

1) When starting out in endurance rides, do you always have to camp out the night before a ride or can you wake up early and trailer to a ride that morning? If its within 1-2 hours drive would it be harder on your horse to trailer? I'm not a big "camper" and wondered if I could save some time and expense of getting camping equiqment for my first few rides to just trailer in. I plan on 25's for few times. Also, sleeping in a tent is not my idea of comfort before I have to ride all day the next day. Any tricks out there for more comfort or am I just feeling "old?"

2) Does anyone use the Wintec Endurance saddles? I have a Wintec 2000 A/P I ride with in ring and love the easy care and comfort of it. I was wondering why no one mentions the endurance saddles they sell. I'm not willing to pay $2000/up for my first endurance saddle and don't really want to buy a used one. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Karla Watson
In Portland, Oregon