learning about trimming

Ok, at the beginning of this year I asked our
farrier to show me how to properly trim our two
horses feet. I thought he did a pretty good job
of explaining it...but after reading all the
articles here I think he left out a couple
things. I dont know if he jsut didnt know, or if
he just wanted to hurry up and get done..but he
didnt say. He was one of the better farriers
we've used... Sooo, is there anyone here that
could explain some of the basic things I need to
know, or a farrier in my area that would show
me?? I guess that's a long-shot, but I really
dont want to cause any damage to their feet! I'm
only 15..I dont know if that would have anything
to do with someone teling or showing me..I do
everything else for the horses, so I think I
should know..but if it does matter I can get my
dad to do it. They were both barefoot most of the
time we had them, but had shoes put on for last
summer because of large granite slabs in the
pasture they were in. Now they've been barefoot
for a while, and the first couple times we had a
farrier do their feet, but he wasnt doing too
great of a job, so I decided to do it. I've only
done it twice now, and nothing major, just filing
them lightly, the way he told me to. Like I said,
I jsut want to be sure I'm not going to hurt
them. Urgh..now not only do I have to make sure I
learn about doing things correctly, but I have to
make sure I'm learning from somebody who knows!!
gr.. any suggestions would be great. -Kelly