Re: RC: Fw: Re: slant loads

In a message dated 10/12/2001 3:54:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time, hwb67@msn.com writes:

I think it's a mistake to not tie up your horse while trailering, especially when you use those dividers in slant load trailers like the one I have. There's an 18 inch gap or more between the lower part of the divider and the trailer floor.  My new Arab, War Cry, who is kind of small, under 15 hands, actually tried to put his head and lower his legs so he could get under the divider; he was that interested in what my mare was doing.

This is so true.  I noticed that my horses were constantly doing this.  It drove me crazy with worrying.  That's why I just spent the money to have a "window" cut into my dividers and had bars welded in place.  Since I had that done, no more gymnastics when we trailer.  The horses are soooo much happier to be able to see their neighbor and when they trailer alone they can look around without doing the ducking thing.

Lee

Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end !