RE: Something not quite right (was: RO)

Kat You are 100% correct that something is not quite right.

There are two ways to look at this, from the outside looking
in (Kat) and from the inside looking out (some of the rest
of us)

On looking out at the problem we must consider the constant
reminder that we all hear. Please do not load more paper
work on the Ride Management. Lets us examine this request.
We have had in place a requirement for the posting of
certain ride statistics under rule 2.1.8, since the BoD
passed the rule in 1987. How well is this rule followed?
Well in the year 2000 ride season we had about 700
sanctioned events which were made up of 1213 distances (LD,
50, 100, etc) and AERC only received 82 POST RIDE
STATISTICAL REPORTS which is a very poor commentary on our
record keeping data collection.  Note that the DATA Study
group only has 4 EQUINE FATALITY reports-and they are since
1999, and it took forever and numerous requests to even get
those four.

We do not do very well following our own rules! In 13 years
we can only produce less than minimal results. Do the riders
care? Considering the postings on line I believe they do but
then the riders are the AERC and the AERC is not doing the
proper job. Vicious circle is it not?

Prior to the year 2000 ride season no viable records exist
since we are told what few were submitted got wet and had to
be destroyed! Damn poor management I would say.

Now from your view point, looking in, this could be a
wonderful opportunity to get things started out correctly.
We can always use constructive concepts. How about
volunteering some effort to get what we need. To start, a
short, clean outline of what you think is needed and then an
objective plan on how to implement. We are all volunteers so
you would not be lonely.

Bob Morris