Motions/Agenda for the Mid-year AERC Board of Directors Meeting

At 01:34 PM 10/08/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>  Motion re veterinarian job includes but not
>limited to: a) to help to protect the welfare of the horse &
>b) help
>counsel the riders and ride management on horse welfare.>>

The only downside to this, is that there are lots of rides who hire pretty
green vets.  Howzabout we allow the riders to counsel the vets in those
cases?<bg>

Seriously -- the vets that know enough to be doing this, already do -- and
the ones that don't -- well -- probably shouldn't be.  Are they going to
have any sort of check system to see that the person doing the counseling
actually knows what they are doing?

Also, does it mean by giving the vets part of the responsibility of the
horses welfare, that the rider is not 100% responsible?