Stop and Go

I'm a bit confused about the "hold" for a vet check listed as a "Stop and
Go" -- why is a vet check listed as such...and how is that different than
having a 15" hold?  We ran in to this at our last ride on the 50.

Since we're still new to 50s (I'll be doing my 5th on Cabby in a couple of
weeks, Aarene her 4th on Billy), I was a bit unaccustomed to holds less
than a half hour -- I certainly had to organize my time differently when I
ran into my first 15" hold.  I found the "stop and go" took almost that
much time by the time we finished the vet check and refilling water
bottles...and this was with a crew (so we could run to bathroom while the
horses were waiting to vet...and it wasn't a long wait.)  How quickly do
people make it thru these "stop and go" holds normally?  What do you do to
decrease the time?  And why are these "holds" done this way as compared to
a 15" hold which we also had later that day?

Sue