Re: Vet question

Is there any problem with a horse that pees "too" much.  He doesn't seem to drink that much more water than the others.  (Well, maybe he does..... I can't tell how much he drinks out of the barrel in the turn out area.)

Melody

There are lots of reasons why one horse might pee more than another, some of them of consequence, others not.  Renal problems, assorted endocrine imbalances, a normal reaction to more dietary protein, etc etc etc.  The only way to see if there's a problem would be to run a chem panel and urinalysis.  But, unless you saw other problems as well, I wouldn't worry about it.

Susan G