Snugpax question..

Hey guys,
We're getting ready to head off to our first 25 LDer tomorrow and I had a
question for ya'll regarding the Snugpax pommel bags.  I got these bags a few
weeks ago but never used them for the CTRs because plenty of water was provided
and we were going at a slower pace.. however..  we're anticipating on picking up
the pace and I need to bring the extra water bottles to help cool my horse (and
myself) down. :)  Anyways, regardless of this extra info, my question is, how
the heck do you attach the saddle bags?  I have an english saddle and I bought
the pommel bags for the english saddle.. but all I see are two looooong straps.
What the heck do you do with them?

Julienne