Re: RC: Re: RE: ShortBed vs. LongBed

In a message dated 10/3/2001 4:18:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lbm@naisp.net writes:

I am also looking for a new truck and have been pondering the long bed vs.
> short bed decision.  I have heard some people say you cannot pull a
> gooseneck trailer with a short bed and others say you can, but it has to
be
> mounted EXACLTY right in the bed so as not to hit the cab of the truck.
> Haven't had a chance to talk to any trailer manufacturers yet.

My friend has a new Ford with a short bed and a big FEatherlight with LQ that is probably 31 feet long, like mine.  Anyway, he did knock out his rear window once but now has the hang of making turns and is fine.  However, it is close.