Re: Self Waterers/ Cold Climate

?  Please give me some advice from experience.

My daughter has the in-the-fence-line waterers that are nearly ground level
and have a "lid" that has to be lifted in order to reach the water.  As the
water level drops (the "bowl" holds only about a gallon) it automatically
fills.   The whole thing is insulated--they never have a problem with it
freezing (Kansas, where it gets 0 and below a lot).   When introducing it to
a horse for the first time, they tie the lid up for a few days--once the
horse knows the water is there, they have no problem lifting the lid to
drink.

Claudia