Spooking - Spook and Spin

Dear Ridecampers,

It's me again - the one with the 6yo Arabian gelding that spooks - and ever
once in a while, spooks and spins so hard it leaves me in the dirt. I recently
decided that he needs to go to a trainer. I "may" have found one and currently
am waiting to talk to him prior to turning my little steed over  to him.
Problem. Another Arabian trainer, judge, etc. I know just happened to be at the
local store last night. I stopped to say hello and told her of my plight. She
was very diplomatic - which I can appreciate - but basically said my horse
would always be spooky - to a degree - and I might not be a good enough rider
to detect his spooks in time. And she said I might be better off with an
older/settled Arabian or another breed. Ridecampers; I know there are
"numerous" variables here but I'm in need of serious "general" guidance/advice
from long standing Arabian owners. Am I throwing good money after bad? Can a
good/reputable trainer correct this problem? And/or do I need training if I am
determined to keep this horse?

Ruth Abair in NE Texas
email: shakesbearides@texoma.net

This message was sent using MailMan from http://mailman.texoma.net.