heavy trailer (but less than I thought)

I have discovered with the help from a kind gentleman who replied to my initial message that I had the trailer wgt wrong.  My trailer actually weighs more like 3,500#, the maximum loaded weight (GVWR) is 7k.  So my hitch rating of 5k should be adequate, as long as I continue to just haul one horse.

Thanks for all who replied, I'm learning - what a great source of info!

Kathy Kelly & Gabriel
a little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)