h'made e'lyte paste

Tom Dean bdci@navicom.com
After having a horse steadily start hating e'lytes more and more.  I
tasted it.  It burned my tongue and could not taste the manufacturer's
flavoring.  I read applesauce was good to mix with e'lytes, but I would
still get a strong "salt" burn/taste.

So, I started mixing my own paste.  I mix a scoop of e'lyte, tablespoon of
raspberry seedless jam (sweeten with corn syrup not sugar), corn flour,
corn syrup and enough water to make inject like a paste.  The horses love
it and do not want to spit it out.

Is there anything wrong with this type paste and does anybody have any
other tasty recipes?

Thanks,

Tom