cruppers and biothane

> What kind of tail hold is better - the shaped kind or the >soft folded
leather  kind?

I like the Ortho-Flex really soft neoprene crupper. It's thick neoprene
around a round rope.  I've also got a leather shaped one. Those rub some
horses. They notice them more, not as handy to take on and off. I've
tried making sheepskin covers for them but the covers are bulky,get sweat
and dirt on them pretty quick and get stiff.

>Also, does the beta biothane make good reins? I hate reins
> that get > slippery in the rain. How is the beta for other things, like
> breastcollars,

I have one set of beta reins. They gave me a *nasty* burn when I went
over the horse's head and they zipped through my hands. I like biothane
better for breastcollars, since the beta has a sort of sticky feeling to
me. I've never had any problem with biothane bothering the horse. My
favorite reins are the 1/2" flat nylon reins with real buckels (not
Conway) from Griffens. They're the cheapest around too.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.