Re: RC: Re: Just a spoon full of sugar...

>  Don't we almost always give
> our horses solid food with the electrolytes?  Hay, grass, a bit of grain,
> carrots etc?  That solid food would certainly provide carbs?  So the
> exact nature and amount of the sugar supplied with the electrolytes is
> probably not such an issue, because they are taking it along with

Yes, all true.  My original post was in answer to the question, would adding
some sugar to the e'lyte mix cause a fluid absorption problem, and I said
no, not in that amount.  Assuming the horse has recently eaten in the past
six hours or so, additional carbs aren't *necessary*---just helpful in
making the horse more cooperative. The example about enteric disease was
just triva.  :-)

susan g