Distance Riding Clinic Input Desired

I'm thinking seriously about organizing a clinic  for the beginner distance
rider. I know several people who are interested in getting started in the
sport and they have so many questions. As a member of the OD, AERC, ECTRA
and ridecamp, I know there are lots of fine human resources to tap. I'll
certainly need to tap a few shoulders to make this happen.

 Here in MD/VA we have both AERC sanctioned endurance rides and ECTRA CTR's.
It occurs to me that there is no reason that a single clinic couldn't be
used to acquaint the beginning distance riders with both organizations and
their similarities and differences. Obviously, how you ride, train, feed and
care for your horse is pretty much the same regardless of the venue. As I'm
only now considering the "how to" of putting on a clinic I'd love to get
suggestions for topics to cover. Consider this from the view point of a
beginning or novice competitor. Some people have their horses entirely in
their own care but many in this area board their horses. Many have never
camped with their horses. Some are even looking for a new horse, a new
saddle, etc.

Please take a little time to give me suggestions, be as specific as you
want. Have you ever participated in a similar clinic? What did you find
helpful? What went wrong? What format did it take? Would you consider
helping with a clinic here in the Southern MD/Northern VA area?  Hope to
hear from you folks!

Bonnie Snodgrass