RE: heat tolerance conditioning

-----Original Message-----
From: Tivers@aol.com [mailto:Tivers@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 8:57 PM

>> I would not try exposure to heat,
unless you're going to bake him 24 hours a day. What I would do is train for
expanded plasma volume. Shorter, faster works.
Tom Ivers.>>

If understand this - by exposure to heat - you mean increasing the
heat stress by workouts with blankets? Not a good idea?

Shorter, faster works makes a lot of sense to me - he was at top
fitness in August, so I assume most of the fitness he has lost
since then is cardiovascular - speed. We did a moderate paced
20 mile ride yesterday - about 7-8 mph average - he felt like he
was just warming up by the end of it. But, I doubt if he could
have easily maintained a 12-14  mph pace for that far. Guess
we're looking at sprints, intervals, hills...

Steph