Horse behavior, first loop

I would have to agree that the first loop or first five miles is like trying
to harness a missle! I have had many mishaps with nags trying to play
dog...you know... smell the butt smell the butt!
I am just now getting the nag I have now to keep the same pace when passed
instead of left behind...
These Ayrabs are sooo darn unpredictable one minute you can be trotting
along happily the next second be at the hard end of a half halt...with the
horn of your saddle making nice with your privates!
Carla (yeooooowww damn another puddle!)
Ansata (eeeekkk a puddle!)
Haley *thump* sniff sniff (ansata you been eating carrots again?)
Rob (what the ???)