Re: RC: Tack

I read once where Len Brown [orthoflex saddles] said you should always ride
with a breastcollar and crupper.  I always do.  I used to ride my mule with
just the saddle and for years it worked fine.  One day the saddle, for no
apparent reason, went practically over her head and dumped me on the ground.
We were coming down a tricky piece of trail with a big ditch about 15 feet
deep directly in front of us.  Luckily when she turned, I went off on the
side of hte hill instead of into the ditch.  Other than that, I use what
fits.  I must confess to a certain affinity for leather and silver bridles.
Having done a lot of showing, I use my old show bridles for endurance mainly
because they are "soooo cool".  I had a lot of practice with stuff like that
with all my junior riders who were always color coordinated.....mb