Re: THE LD FIRESTORM/SAVVY DUCK

In a message dated 1/24/01 9:59:54 AM Mountain Standard Time,
greymare@jps.net writes:

There is NO REASON that warnings can't be given in a considerate way that
doesn't degrade newcommers to the sport!!!

   No one likes to FEEL degraded.  But often, "feeling" degraded and "being"
degraded is more likely predicated on one's particular perspective.
   If one is prepared and the horse is prepared and ridden to its level of
conditioning...where is the degrading.
   If one IS prepared and just doesn't like a particular Vet's methodology
or use of his unique "vernacular of endurance", I'm sure that's okay, too.
   But, if what is proffered by a concerned Vet (whose charter (I believe)
is to be there for the HORSE), prevents one horse at that ride from the pain
that can be inflicted by an overzealous, under-experienced rider, then so be
it.
   A thick skin goes along way in this sport.

    Frank Solano.