rolled-toes debate

  I found the debate on whether or not rolled-toes are a good
thing interesting.  One schools says rolled toes facilitate
break-over, the other says toes are used to dig-in and push of
and therefore should not be rolled.  What immediatey came to my
mind was kayak paddles: white-water paddlers (more
like 'sprinters') use a wide-bladed paddle to get maximum 'dig'
and leverage per stroke.  Makes hte boat move faster, but is
MUCH harder ont he arms and shoulders of the paddler... but sea
kayakers ( more of a long-distnace sport) ofter prefer a
narrower paddle - less 'dig', but much easier on the arms as
the paddle slips through the water more easily, even though it
is less 'efficient' in terms of pulling the boat through the
water.  This might explain why Truman found his horses ankles
swelled when he did not roll his toes - too much 'dig'/leverage
put strain on the ankles which over long distances took it's
toll.  The point is that what might work well for shorter
distances might not over long-distances.

I am not sure how well the analogy fits...  it's just a thought.

A.P. -- not spending enough time paddling OR riding!

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag