Rolled toes and fairness to the author

In order to try and make my original post halfway
short, I didn't go into great detail about Luikart's
article. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, 'cause I
think many of you may now have images of long toes as
the author's idea of a good hoof. If you do, that was
an error on my part in the way I described the
article.
I believe that the author is well aware that every
horse has to be trimmed and shod as an individual; he
just doesn't agree with squaring, rolling or
"stubbing" toes just for the sake of it. I have a
horse with rolled and squared toes, and that's what
works best for him, but I'm sure some of you have seen
a rolled and squared toe taken to such an extreme that
the horse appears club-footed. I guess that's one of
the problems with a good idea; someone always has to
take it far enough until it becomes a bad idea....
Kristi

=====
He's not just a horse,
he's a little bit of