God bless the Duck

A few years ago at a championship ride in Death Valley, I was riding
along and came upon a horse & rider who had just had a pretty bad wreck.
This was out in the middle of nowhere, inaccessable to trucks, trailers,
ambulances, etc.  Also, this was previous to cell phones, now commonly
carried by many riders.  So a couple other riders & I managed to pony
the wrecked pair a few miles, maybe about 5 or so.  Just as the wrecked
horse was about to quit on us, we heard the buzz of a dirt bike, and
here came the Duck, thank goodness!  He knew just what to do to help the
horse so we could continue on far enough to where a truck and trailer
were able to get in and transport the injured horse & rider out to
medical help.

So don't "flame" him.  Treat him with great respect.  Someday you, too,
may need his help out there on the trail.

SZ
"Good Horses Make Short Miles"