Re: RC: Debate on rolled toes (long)

While this is all well and good, I took similar advise and didn't square
off the toes of my horse for one shoeing.

We did a couple of rides and guess what, his rear ankles were swollen.
Squared off the toes in the back the next shoeing and did a couple of
rides and the swelling was not there - and it wasn't there before I
decided to fix what wasn't broken.

So do what works, the horse will tell you. Theory is good, especially if
it has been tested in a controlled environment - it is pretty much
religion if it hasn't. Not saying that every horse needs squared, but it
should not be eliminated as an option just because of some analysis.

Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.
Innovative Solutions