Grease paint

Ok, I am going to take a risk of being pegged a newbie and laughed right off
the ridecamp list but here goes anyway....How on earth do you get the numbers
off your horses rump after a ride??? I was afraid to try anything to harsh as
I do not want to hurt her skin, but that number has got to go! Any
suggestions would be appreciated. And for all of you chuckling out there...I
am glad to have brought a lighter moment to your day! Cheers to a great sport
and the people who love it!