Re: RC: Re: Bad Knees

In a message dated 1/23/01 10:38:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
greymare@jps.net writes:

ridecamp@endurance.net

Hi all - I gave Glucosamine to my mare as well as a lot of you do - -Then I
tried it for my bad knees.

I take a supplement put out by CVS Pharmacy (a pharmacy chain here - I don't
think the brand matters as much as the dosage- I've tried a few - they all
work - this is cheapest for me ).  It is a Glucosamine Chondroitin Double
Potency Formula.  I take to 3000 mg of Glucosamine and 2400 mg of Chondroitin
(which is double the serving size.  The Serving size is 3 pills a day - I
take 6. (2 with each meal)..  I asked my pharmacist if there was any
detriment to taking too much and he said he hadn't heard of any (I'm sure
within reason)..
My knees used to KILL me after 25 miles of riding - walking after that was a
joke.  Running had come to an end..  After taking this - I'm doing both again
with a smile on my face instead of a grimace afterwards.  I encourage anyone
with any kind on joint ailments to try it - it's over the counter - you have
nothing but your pain and a fist full of ones to loose..

Debbie - NH