Re: RC: Advice sought: "Killer" distance race near me

In a message dated Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:55:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, Lif Strand <fasterhorses@gilanet.com> writes:

<< Should I just get down and dirty and send a message to PETA?>>

No, Lif, you can't fight one bunch of dangerous idiots with another bunch of dangerous idiots.  Sounds like the real ranchers in the area aren't too keen on this thing going on, either, so if you handle this through more local channels, the locals will likely quietly lend some support.  Get your facts marshalled (since you have until July) and discuss this with your local veterinarians, your local sheriff's department, and your state and local Humane Societies.  They are in a position to do something about this, whereas contacting an outfit like PETA will simply air dirty laundry and not get much done except to raise the resentment level of idiot outsiders.  Good luck!

Heidi