Re: late arrival

>I think Mary Koefod was pretty notorious for having to show up really
>late cause she couldn't get off work. Then she won everything.
>
>Angie

I'm a couple of days late in responding to this, but just had to share this
story...

Back in 1991, I was interested in one of Mary Koefod's horses & made
arrangements to 'try him out' by doing a 25 mile ride on him at one of the
Missouri rides.  She was planning to do a 50 on one of her other horses.
She showed up 15 minutes before the 50 miler was to start - had just enough
time to tell me that if I knew anything about dressage I wouldn't have any
problems... then she quickly saddled up & left.

Luckily I knew a little (very little) about dressage... the girth on the
english saddle she wanted me to use was about 2 inches too long for the
horse... I asked all over camp, but no one had a shorter girth that would
fit her saddle... so I saddled up & waited for everyone else to leave on the
25 before I mounted this horse I'd never seen before.  Luckily, the loose
girth was only a minor problem & I had a wonderful ride... I took the horse
home "on trial" & he's still with me today.  I can't remember how well Mary
did on that ride, but I know I sure came home "a winner"!

Susie Jones & Frightnin' Lightnin' (aka Rococco Mirado)
AERC# 7997 & 9016