LD

Lynn Turck morningsstar@hitter.net
Both my and mine grandsons mares are calm, layback girls until they get to a ride, then watch out...who are these horses???they Both know cues to walk, trot and canter, calm down cues etc. but the excitement of a ride , oh well.  I've asked alot of people whether it is best to hold them back and perhaps stress them further at the start, or just let them go and slowly, during the ride bring them back .  This seems to work good for 50's.   The Goethe 25 was fast, but neither of our horses was stressed at the finish, we didn't cross the line first, walked to camp and because we gave them time to recoup, my grandson was able to vet in first. PS I have never seen the awards prior to a ride and it would make any difference anyway.