Re: club foot - thanks

Dear Vicki;
Lots of horses have one shoulder built up more than the other to some degree.  In extreme cases, I shim the smaller shoulder side, because the saddle tree can fall into the hollow it makes.  My guess is that the shoulder on the club foot side is smaller and the tree is falling over to that side, putting more pressure on the other side.  I am currently making a saddle for a Paso owner whose mare has this very history(except she is not club footed...just much smaller shoulder on the one side).

Katee Owens
Heels-Up Saddlery