Re: RC: Re: ROC is BACK!

--- John Bass <jbass@beattynv.com> wrote:
> I rode in the Californio's 100 in June and was
> surprised at the lack of
> participation. I believe there were less than 20
> riders from Southern
> California.
> The RM's must have done it of the love of the sport,
> they couldn't have made
> much money.

A truer statement was never made!  After a year's
worth of work, it all comes down to one day when you
wish you were out there riding instead of in camp.
Then there's the idiot who comes into camp the wrong
way and is cursing me (management) because the trail
is marked "wrong".  Of course, he had to go through
the barrier to get off trail but that's another story.

Those of us who love this sport put on rides to
support our sport.  If we "make" any money, it goes
into next year's ride.  I do benefit rides for Ozark
Country Endurance Riders so any money I "make" goes to
them for year-end awards.  Lately, I haven't been
doing enough miles to win anything so I'm hoping to
make enough money so OCER will buy my friend a jacket
for her year-end award.  No, it really doesn't work
that way but let me dream...it's all I have. :-)

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)