Re: The BEST Trail Ride

----- Original Message -----
From: AJANDCRYSTA@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:08 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: The BEST Trail Ride

This was from another group I subscribe to... thought it was definatley worth sharing!

Crysta

I just got back in from the most incredible trail ride with an old friend.  We rode the same horse, even though she sits much taller then I do.  She is the most beautiful thing in the world, and everyone recognized her as we rode along.  We rode for miles through a wheat field, a safe 200 feet from a very busy road.  She prompted a never-ending pandemonium of whistles, honks, thumbs up and salutes that seemed to spread to every car (and there were hundreds of cars!) like a wildfire up a hill on a windy day!  People slowed, and even stopped to take pictures.  One man stopped and asked to paint a picture of us, a picture he described as being, "The most fantastic sight he has ever seen."  As we got closer to home, people came out of their houses with their children and took their hats off in awe of her wisdom.  One old man, with tears in his eyes (that matched my tears by this point!) just smiled and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

I am not certain what prompted me to take Old Glory along for the ride,  I am certain that it was one of the most moving experiences of my life.  I was amazed at the profound response our grand flag created, and it solidified in my mind what a proud and patriotic people we are, and even more united then ever.

Kelly

The funny thing is I haven't seen the Confederate flag flying from the back of a pickup in weeks.  That is very unusual in my neighborhood.  But Old Glory is everywhere.  I have never seen anything quite like this, even when I was in the Air Force, and I can just visualize Kelly riding her horse, carrying the flag, through that wheat field, stopping traffic and making folks cry.  Real similar to watching the opening ceremonies to the baseball and football games played this week; the game was secondary, patriotism primary.

We need her now, probably more than we ever did.  It signifies our unification.  All religions, all races, even the two different sexes (whoever thought that would ever happen?), united under one flag, one America.  It's probably the best thing to come out of this nightmare; we are together, as one, as it should have been before Sept 11th, and as it will be till the end of time.

I don't care if you're a hawk, a dove, a pacifist, none of that matters.  I don't even care if you have to run your generator all day long.  What does matter is that we are all in this together, protecting and caring for each other.  Our survival depends on this, and make no mistake, we will survive.

I'm taking Old Glory down from my house tomorrow (hope I don't fall).  I'm taking my 10 ft x 15 ft flag to the Biltmore with me.  Gonna hang it from the side of my trailer somehow.  I'll probably have to attach it with duct tape and hay ties.  Hope it's not too windy, my trailer might become airborne.  Wouldn't that be a sight to see?

So, if you're going to the Biltmore this week-end, want to meet the nut from ridecamp, stop by.  I'll be easy to find.  Just look for short pudgy man wearing the Florida Gator cap, sitting in a chair, and, yea, probably, drinking a beer, next to a really big flag.

cya,

Howard