RE: Re: Panacur Power Pac

I get the Safeguard paste in the 290cc big tubes (look under the cattle section in the cataogs) and use the "big gun."  The "big gun" is angled and I actually have an easier time sticking it in the back of the mouth and using the trigger with this gun than with the Panacur Purge dispensors.  It's also cheaper than the Panacur PowerPak.   (Didn't we discuss this before?)

K.
-----Original Message-----
From: Advantage Saddles [mailto:owensall@sierratel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 2:40 PM
To: julienne.rha.b@bayer.com; AJANDCRYSTA@aol.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: Panacur Power Pac

Dear Julienne;
I've done the purge three or four times on my horses and the results are amazing. I would be happy to write to you and give each case and what the noticeable results were with each horse.
I had the best luck with the larger syringes rather than the liquid...my mares didn't want to eat it after the first day(geldings didn't seem to care, it was in beet pulp after all), and so I had to try to give the liquid orally...ended up with it all over my arms, hair, clothes, shoes, etc...blech.
The paste is easier for me.  However, one horse had such a tiny mouth, that I had to divide each dose in half, or it would be enough to spit out a glob of it.
None of the horses had the slightest problem with the palatability of the paste.  I think it tastes better to them than regular wormer...I think it said apple cinnamon flavor.
Katee