Swelling

Lynn Turck morningstarjl@earthlink.com
I am a member and a lurker, I haven't posted in months, but I have
received good advice in the past so here goes...my 8 yr old Arab mare,
myself and a bunch of rider friends camped this weekend.  We were at the
horse park in Ocala, Fl and used the stalls.  I rode her Fri., and Sat.
She is in endurance condition.Sunday morning she came up lame.  Home we
went and I iced her fetlock area.  I noticed a round red spot on the
coronet band with what looked like a pin hole in the middle.  By Monday
the swelling was down and by Tuesday AM, no swelling, and she trotted out
fine.  The question is,  Could it have been a bee or spider bite?  Would
that cause swelling throughout the fetlock area and cause her to look like
she had a grade 3 lameness?  I appreiciate all imput, Thanks, Lynn Turck
AERC #21675