forgetting/trauma

I also experienced loss of memory, except only for a very short span of time.

I was a very tired new mom, carrying my 4 mos old daughter up our wooden stairs.  I tripped on a step, and felt myself falling.  That's the last thing I remember before seeing her lying face down on the top landing.  Fortunately, although she had a large bruise, she was not seriously hurt.  I think that the emotional trauma (fear) of knowing I was falling with her somehow caused me to blank out those few minutes.  There was no indication that I hurt myself, certainly didn't fall on my head.

So, I believe that even "just" emotional trauma can cause a period of memory loss.  I  never have been able to recall what happened.  But if there was any question, go to the Dr!!

Kathy Kelly