OK to use appy

Ina tifosi@bctonline.com
Hi everyone.  I am just starting into endurance.  I have a 8 year old 16
hand foundation appy gelding.  We have spent many hours trail riding in
the pacific NW while horse camping, and have done training level dressage
and some jumping.  My question is can I use him in endurance?  I'm sure we
could do 25 milers, but do I need a arab to go on to longer distance
rides?  Thanks for helping.  Ina