Easyfoam and thrush

Hey guys,

Just wondering for those of you out there that have used easyfoam w/ easyboots..
the last ride we went to we used these on Tavi (fiance's horse), applied them on
Thursday night.  When it came time to take them off (I think we waited until
Tuesday) he had the beginnings of thrush starting along his frog.  We made sure
his feet were dry and clean before we applied them, the only mistake I think we
made was using too much easyfoam as that stuff got everywhere!  We also didn't
use Vaseline along his pastern so taking those boots off was a nightmare with
foam sticking everywhere.  Anyhow, any helpful hints out there on how to avoid
the thrush?  Any easy way to get them off?

Julienne
&Isabella