Human diet

Hi guys

I'm not going to even attempt to name all the people I'd like to thank for replying to this question and all the others that sprouted from that one post - I will most likely leave out one very important name, thereby offending that person.

Thank you all for the very valuable input you gave on this subject.  You have given me much "food for thought" and I'm going to re-read through all the posts to try and order them in my mind.

One last question - where can I get more info on an Atkins diet?  I've never heard of this before.  Is it primarily for losing weight?  I can afford to lose maybe 2 or 3 kgs, but not much more as I want to ride in a certain weight division next year - have to weigh 73 kgs with tack and currently I come in about 2 kgs above that.  And yes, my tack is weighted to the max already.

Thanks again
Kristene