Action Alert * Marin County Horse People * Califor

Ag. Zoning Change May Harm Marin Horse Owners
Attend the Planning Commission Meeting
Monday, Sept 24 at 1:00 PM
Marin Civic Center Room 328

Proposed changes before the Commission would change Ag. Zoning to impose a
new limit of one horse per 12 acres and no more than 10 horses regardless of
parcel size.  25 years ago Main horse owners defeated a similar proposal
only by turning out in force.  Marin equestrians must again turn out in
large numbers and in person to demonstrate their opposition.  The current
proposal does not address changes to residential zoned horse ownership, but
such changes may not be far behind.  The Marin Horse Council needs your
support.

Getting horse owners' message across requires bodies, telephone calls and
letters.  Your personal presence at that meeting, scheduled for an
inconvenient time and date is the only way we know we can be heard.

Supervisors:  John Kress (Dist. 1); Hal Brown (Dist. 2): Annette Rose (Dist.
3); Steve Kinsey (Dist. 4); Cynthia Murphy (Dist. 5).  All Phone:
415-499-7331.

*******
Submitted by:  Kimberly Price
Resource: Marin Horse Council

Please go or at least call these supervisors and tell them you are opposed
to these changes.  This is the first step to get horses out of areas in
order to make room for development.  If it passes, it will set a precedent
for other regulations.  We need your help!  Thank you, K

Kimberly M. Price