Question for Susan

Susan--I hear you loud and clear when you tell of the "magic" of green
grass.   I also noted you emphasize GREEN grass.    I'm thinking you mean
lush, green, growing grass---but I wonder--does the actual "greenness" of
the type of grass make a difference?   I'm thinking it might.   I have some
boys on fescue (very dark green grass) and they do super on nothing but
grass.   I have other horses on a native grass which never gets more than
2-4 inches tall and is  a very pale green--the horses love it, but seem to
always need supplementation.   I have some on mixed grasses on which they do
"okay".     ????

TIA
Claudia