Re: RE: Mane/tail hair decorations

> Sherie Taylor taylor@networksplus.net
> My 5 year old 1/2 arab mare was euthanized Thursday.  The vet clinic
> braided & clipped a portion of her mane and tail for me.  Does anyone have
> suggestions are what I can make from these braids so I'll always have
> something to remember her by?

I'm really sorry you lost your mare.  Been there, done that.  I can tell you
what I saw a friend do---she trimmed it into a thick 6-7" length, put a snap
through and folded it over and bound it with pretty cord so that it made a
short, fat little tassle.  She's part native American and she also included
a little turquoise animal fetish.  She hangs it off the bridle of her new
horse and tells everyone that she gets the good memories of her old friend
everytime she rides, and is convinced his spirit is riding along telling her
new horse what to do.  I think it's a really neat thing to do.  When Dakota
does his first ride this year, he'll have a tassle on his bridle made from
his mom's tail hair.

Best regards,
Susan G