endurance horses and antioxidants

Riding buddy and I got onto this discussion referring to me turning 40 yrs :) next week...started wondering if we can help our horsey friends, esp after correspondense regarding heaves and allergy to mold spores, etc.  Antiox builds defenses in immune system, yes?  Foods for us , from what I've read, include spinach, tomatoes, and blueberries....how about for equines?  Looks like complete foodstuffs much more beneficial than Supplements.
Thanks friends,
Beth Gunn