Re: People diet for endurance

After a lot of experimenting have found a really simple way to keep my blood sugar & energy level stable plus keeping hydrated.  I generally carry four water bottles...... two with water, one with gatorade, one of orange juice with gatorade and powdered protein added.  Has really made a difference.  Whenever possible I mix everything up ahead of time & freeze it. (Not always practical, but nice.)  If the weather is too hot to carry juice w/o it going sour I'd add the protein powder to a second gatorade.  It seems like the combination of electrolytes and protein just works.  Plus when mixed with the orange juice the protein balances out the carbs in the juice.  Also, carry almonds.
carol
oregon