Re: Peanut butter

Also try experimenting with different brands of beet pulp...my horse MUCH
prefers the ones with higher molasses content (the ones that don't pour
out of the bag, you peel the bag off them and spend 1/2 hour whacking the
block to bits so you can get it into the can...).  He's pretty lukewarm
about the "dry" beet pulp (he'll leave it in favor of hay), but snarfs
down the more molasses-y type.

I also would be wary about feeding nuts to horses...they do often
cause severe allergic reactions in people, and I'd hesitate to
experiment with something that's not part of a horse's natural diet
(well, not that they'd normally be digging beets out of the ground to eat,
but you know what I mean).  :)

Abby (I'll quit now, before I show how little I really know about equine
nutrition)
& Cola (I don't really like the sticky stuff more, I just like watching
you try to put it in the barrel)