Re: RC: Where does UAE stand? from Angie

I attended the Olympics in Canada in 1976. The seating for the dressage was
on a hillside. There were armed (with rifles, not just sidearms)guards
visible in the treeline at the top of the hill, and most likely surrounding
the entire venue. It was a bit unsettling, because other wise the country
felt just like "home".
We Americans have had a feeling of security all of our lives, that other
countries have never taken for granted.

Nancy Mitts