Re: RC: John Parke Nomination Statement

Hi  I will address this one also - It is a work in progress. There is no
rule against a ride using a vet without a licence.

There is concern on the BOD  how this should be addressed.
There are many reasons why a vet MAY not have license to practice.
We also have to address IF a vet can treat a horse in a state he is not
licensed to practice.  Thus the logic behind a treatment vet from
the local area.

My personal position  .. no license - no vetting .. it may construed
that vetting a ride in offering professional and management advice is
'practicing' . In the event a vet is not licensed due to his/her
choice as in retired and the license has lapsed, then some sort of a
waiver can be established.

Others on the BOD may have different opinions.

Roger Rittenhouse DAL

--
 Roger                            mailto:roger@vmaxept.com